- Design Brief:
- Use the images created in DEX 23 (or source other design elements) or images, and create a seamless wallpaper pattern to be used on branding elements.
"Monstera Leaf" Image by @merakicreativeco on Unsplash
"Leafy Twig" Image by @cipriann on Unsplash
"Green Leaf" Image shared for use thanks to pngimg.com
"Orange Butterfly" Image shared for use thanks to pngimg.com
"Engraved Photoshop Actions" Download a zipped package here
- With Photoshop Patterns and Actions transform one photographic image into a colour filled engraved illustration using the supplied Brushes and Patterns. Use the engraving as part of an identity design.
- With Photoshop Patterns and Actions transform two photographic images into colour filled engraved illustration using the supplied Brushes and Patterns. Then create a third image using Photoshop layers, select the shadows of the image and fill them with a solid colour. Use the engravings and solid filled image as part of an identity design.
- With Photoshop Patterns and Actions transform three photographic images into colour filled engraved illustrations using the supplied Brushes and Patterns. Then create a fourth image using Photoshop Layers , select the shadows of the image and fill them with a solid colour. Use the engravings and solid filled image as part of an identity design.
- Design Constraints:
- Use Photoshop Actions and Brushes to transform photographic images into colour filled engraved illustrations.
- Design Goals:
- Create engraved images and use these as part of an identity design.
- Tools & Techniques:
- Adobe PhotoshopPhotoshop Brushes
- Total Time Allowed:
- 60 Minutes for Beginner: Transform an image into an engraved illustration and use it as part of an identity design. 90 Minutes for intermediate: Transform two images into engraved illustrations and use it as part of an identity design. 120 Minutes for advanced: Create a basic 3-5 page website that can be shared as a working prototype. It must include a slider and a rollover or state change for a button or image.
DEXDesign Exercises Weekly
Weekly Design Exercise abbrev. DEX
noun: weekly design exercise; plural noun: weekly design exercises
1.Activity requiring physical effort occurring once a week, carried out to sustain or improve health and fitness of your freakin’ mind.
E.”Weekly Design Exercise improves your Adobe skills and design power"
Feel free to jump into our weekly design brief and produce a mini design project. They are completely free. No catch! These exercises are The Graphic Design School’s contribution to the continuum of the design education of our design graduates, students and the design world at large. Gosh darn that’s nice of us!
Who is this for?
Whether you are a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced level designer. There is a brief to suit you. Follow the instructions in the brief to the letter.
How do I submit my work?
Once your done upload your image to share. We may upload your image to our new Instagram page, be sure to include your Insta handle (@username) so we can credit you. If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can just type in your name. Leave your details blank if you like.
What is a good size for the images?
Please make sure your image is of good resolution, it shouldn’t exceed more than 5mb or thereabouts. png, jpeg, svg all acceptable formats. By uploading your image you are giving us permission to publish it.
Can I subscribe to this awesome concept?
If you would like to receive an email from us each week with the brief and video. Be sure to subscribe at the top right of this page. We won’t share your information or be spammy.
What if I want to go further?
If you love what we do, and think you would like to try your hand at becoming a designer. Check out our courses here.
Can I contribute?
If you would like to become a regular video contributor, let us know. Even though we offer them for free, we pay contributors. Or if there is a technique that you would really like to learn, email us a visual, and any ideas you may have.
Can I contact The Graphic Design School?
Anything else you need or want to ask contact us at: email@example.com
Can I be a voice of TGDS?
If you want to spread the good word to your design friends feel free to share this page on social media ;)